Wednesday 10 March 2010

MUSIC MAGAZINE ARTICLE:

♪ - I decided to do a four page article because the layout i first drafted (which was one double page), didn't fit all my article on. Also, i wanted to create a bit of suspense for the reader. Cutting the article into half and putting it on two, A3 pages makes the reader spend more time on this peice and it also tells them its a more important read.
♪ - I chose to use the cover model of the magazine as the main feature article, this is because the model on the cover was the main part of the cover, so there should be a more important article on her/him.
♪ - I used typical conventions of a magazine article, such as: a larger image of the model, anywhere on the page. She gives of emotion, of which the reader is meant to grasp. So if it was a sob story, the photograph of the model should give off emotional senses, like a sullen face or tears. In this case the model is looking directly at the reader, attracting the reader. She is holding/using props which makes the reader question why she has it. I used lighting effects and fiddled with the contrast and brightness. I did this to make Josie, aka, Jane, look more interesting.
♪ - However i stuck to using two differnt types of font and two font colours (blue and black). I did this to save time and also to make it look less complicated. I used handwriting type fonts, instead of 'arial' or 'trebuchet ms', i did this because i thought it fitted better with the type of article i'm trying to persue to the audience - which is a quite amatuer band/ rough and rigid feeling .
♪ - In conjuntion with this, i used a time line of the feature persons life. This adds a little extra information on the person and gives the reader a better sense of what they have achieved and what they have been through in their lifes. I kept the colour scheme the same throughout this too.However i used three types of fonts on this, this was because it makes each part of the timeline, the date, the title and the information stand out/ contrast from one another.
♪ - I tended to put layers on angels, considering it looks more modern and it fitted with the style and the quirkiness of the magazine.
♪ - I used bolder writing at the start of the article, to give out basic information of the articles contents, but not so much that it gives everything away. This short paragraph also explains what is in the article on a much shorter basis; this could attract readers who are just flicking through to read the full article.
♪ - The image of the model is large and takes up most of the page, you find this is a typical convention in music magazines or any magazines in nowadays.
♪ - I kept all the writing on one side of the double page so that the writing wasn't intense and didn;t get too boring. Adding little extra's such as a timeline and stuff gives the reader that break away from the reading too.
♪ - I created a layer which looks like a strip of negatives, with images of my feature model in. I did this to add effect on the story. Since the story is based around the paparazzi and 'The Photographers' i thought it would be good to kind of play on the words, and add things that fitted in with it. This isn't a typical convention that you would find in a magazine, but it makes my work, my own and original.
♪ - The colour scheme of the article consists of shades/tones of blue, the same as the cover and the contents of the music magazine 'CODA'.
♪ - I have placed a large quote from my article as my title ‘I'll have standards to live up to’ to attract the readers into reading the article as they will want to find out what happened and why. This is often the case in many magazines of nowadays.
♪ - I have used a much larger picture of my model with the background to fill most the page as this is a common convention to articles.
♪ - I have quotes form the text in a larger font with a blue outer glow and my columns wrap around them. This is commonly seen in magazine articles, these quotes can help to attract more readers as they act as hooks to get the reader into the story. They are not necessarily in order, so the reader actually has to potentially read the article to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment